Skip to main content

Featured Post

PSC പരീക്ഷക്ക് സ്ഥിരമായി ചോദിക്കുന്ന ചോദ്യങ്ങൾ ഉൾപ്പെടുത്തിക്കൊണ്ടുള്ള Online Test Series - Part 37

Frequently used english sentences

1. Greeting
  • How do you do?    Reply: How do you do?
  • How are you?       Reply: Fine. Thank you.
  • Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening.   Reply: Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening.
2. Leave Taking
  • Good bye!
  • Bye. 
  • Bye-bye.
  • See you.
  • Good night.
3. Gratitude
  • Thank you.
  • Thanks a lot.
  • I'm extremely grateful to you.
  • I’m very grateful/obliged to you.
  • You're welcome.
  • It’s my pleasure.
  • Not at all.
  • Don’t mention it.
  • Thank you.
4. Regret
  • I am sorry.
  • Please forgive me.
  • Pardon me.
  • I apologize.
  • That all right.
  • It doesn’t matter.
  • Don’t worry.
  • Forget it!
5. Forms of requests
  • Would you repeat what you said?
  • Will you say that again?
  • Could you write that on the black board?
  • Will you say that again please?
  • Certainly
  • Of course!
  • Sure
6. Asking permission
  • Can I go to the beach?
  • Will you allow me to go to the cinema?
  • May I go to the school?
  • Can I borrow your pen?
  • Could I speak to Anita please?
  • Could you permit me to read the book?
7. Appreciation
  • That’s nice.
  • Excellent!
  • That’s great!
  • Wonderful!
8. Agreeing
  • I agree with you.
  • Couldn‘t agree more.
  • That’s What I think too.
  • Exactly.
9. Disagreeing
  • I don’t agree with you.
  • I disagree.
  • I'm afraid I can't agree with it.
  • I don't think that’s right.
  • Certainly not!
  • Sorry, but I disagree with your point of view.
10. Showing surprise
  • What a surprise!
  • That’s amazing!
  • I don‘t believe it!
  • What a pleasant surprise!
  • How astonishing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonly used sentences in English -12

Commonly used sentences in English -6

quiz test

Quiz Quiz Question 1 Option A Option B Option C Option D Question 2 Option A Option B Option C Option D Question 3 Option A Option B Option C Option D